This thing is HUGE! (and heavy) – Aurora SH-034 Stainless Steel Cree R2-WC 5-Mode 240-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*16340) Reviews
posted by techjunkie on 04/22/2010
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day
1) Stainless Steel construction = threads that wont strip like Aluminum lights. Excellent machine work too.
2) Big 20mmx20mm reflector should gather and concentrate more light than smaller 1*CR123A lights.
3) Shorter than pictured. Body only 85mm long without protruding tailcap cover. Replace tailcap cover with sku 7321 and it tailstands.
4) Brass pill accepts standard sized 17mm PCB driver .
1) heavy, Heavy, HEAVY! Noticibly heaveier than the solid brass (chrome plated) UltraFire WF-C6S which even though is one of the smallest clicky 16340s, was also one of the heaviest until this one came along.
2) Not the nice mirror finish shown in the DX pics. The one I received has a burshed steel fisish. :(
3) Holes in tailcap too close together to replace the wrist strap with the same size split-ring (#4?) that fits most other lights like the SH-033 and the UF C3.
4) 5-mode boost driver is under powered, only drawing ~700mA from the battery in high mode. Looks like its the same driver as in the new XRC based AA/14500 SS UltraFire C3 and the CR2 Aurora SH-033.
5) Replacement switches and reflectors for this light are not presently available from DX (as opposed to the switches and reflectors found in the C3 and SH-033 which can be bought here).
In my opinion this light should pack more of a punch than the smaller and lighter Aurora SH-033 and unforunately, it does not.
The R2 emitter in this one does not have the purple hue or output power of any other R2 that I own. Output should increase with a more powerful driver.
If it had the mirror finish shown in the pics and if DX had an SMO reflector available for it, I would really like it a lot, after a driver swap.
A very solid (heavy) stainless steel light with very ordinary output despite its larger reflector.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.