DX  » Community » Reviews » 802.11n/b/g 150Mbps USB Wireless Adapter with Detachable Antenna
Sort by:
45 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7634 (76%)
  • 4 Star:209 (20%)
  • 3 Star:42 (4%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works perfectly, easy set-up

posted by SarCarstic on 01/13/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought for a desktop computer that the internal wifi had failed. Plugged this in, installation of driver went without a hitch, it was working within 2 minutes of first plugging it in. I gets a great signal from the next room where my laptop sometimes stru...
    Cons:
    None that I have encountered, it works every time, the drivers fire up on computer start and it is working and receiving signal...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works in Linux out of the box and Openelec

posted by dergrunepunkt on 11/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works just fine out of the box in linux, no need to download a firmware is requied in Ubuntu 12.04. Also used in a RaspberryPi with Openelec and Raspbian with no fuzz. Seems to have a nice reception even thru 5 walls 20mts away (N norm).
    Cons:
    I don't like the plug, seems to be a bit weak, so be very carefull when you plug it or unplug it!!!.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Brilliant, works perfectly

posted by SarCarstic on 09/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I bought for a computer that I just cannot get the inbuilt wireless to work on. I took this out of the box, installed the drivers, plugged it in and it worked. Total time about 3 minutes. It gets a good strong signal and costs about 1/5 of what local retail...
    Cons:
    None, none at all
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Blown Away

posted by devlin182 on 09/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Its fast. I was blown away and did not expect it to work nearly as fast as it does. My Wireless modem is on the upper level of our home and I used to run an internet cable through our air vent down to the basement for my older desktop computer down there. E...
    Cons:
    none.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good as always!

posted by hugomezarinaaim on 06/04/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Everything is good with this little device. I has a great reception signal and the drivers that come with it are good as you can get in the market. You don't need specific drivers for Windows 8.
    Cons:
    The USB male connector that come with this unit is 100% plastic, so it could break down, but you should have lots of care of th...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent WiFi adapter

posted by andreiRCW on 04/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very compact tiny adapter with antenna connector. You can connect any other external antenna with SMA (I think) connector to it. Data throughput is excellent.
    Cons:
    Antenna is quite large, so be prepared. Recommend you use OS wireless manager, the driver CD does provide an alternate one, bu...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great

posted by jeanjfc on 04/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's small, light an has an rp-sma plug so you can use any antenna you wish. It uses the ralink 3070 chipset, and is supported out of the box on windows vista/7 and linux 2.6.29+
    Cons:
    The plastic case of the network card is a bit flimsy an the antenna rattles (not actually a problem), the case gets quite hot a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good to connect PCs to WLAN.

posted by Alexke on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - works fine even when router is in another floor - easy to plug, easy to install; delivered software is not necessary with Windows 7 - long antenna seems to deliver a good connectivity
    Cons:
    none so far
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great wireless USB adapter!

posted by neoseek3r on 01/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    *Easy to install; *Very long range; *Good drivers; *Build quality; *Detachable antenna *Small *Price
    Cons:
    *Not plug and play.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Wifi compatible

posted by MasterJ0k3R on 12/29/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I have been using this adapter for a month and I have not had any problem. The signal is good, it is small and it fits well in a reduced space. It works well in Linux x86 and ARM architectures (Raspberry Pi). It has a good package and the CD has all the dri...
    Cons:
    It is not really a cons but the LED is not turned on until the connection is made to the access point.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 5
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections