DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-32'C~375'C/26'F~707'F)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice tool for a fair price – Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-32'C~375'C/26'F~707'F) Reviews

posted by Protonite on 11/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It comes with battery, so you can start testing it out of the box. The laserpointer and measuring are both started by pulling the trigger. You have the measured value for several seconds on the display before it shuts down itself to save battery. No problem here, works as i expected. The thermometer feels quite good in your hand, its sturdy and solid, but not heavy, size is ok too. Values seem to be pretty accurate in the low temp range. Did not have a chance to see how it does at >100°C, but i guess the error grows a bit with higher temperatures. Backlight on the display is very handy in low light situations.
Cons:
One thing that maybe could have been improved is that the thermo-sensor is not really protected. Would have been better if there was a dust cap to seal off the sensor when you dont use the thermometer.
Other:
Power of the laserpointer is not extremely high, with direct sunlight its getting hard to see the point, but for normal workplace and lab conditions it's ok.
Bottomline:
I like it and would buy it again. Nice tool to check temperatures of heatsinks and motors "on the fly". Price is fair for what you get. The only thing i'm missing is a protective cover for storage.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections