DX  » Community » Reviews » Universal Car Windshield Swivel Mount for PDA Cell Phones/MP3/MP4/GPS (5~12cm)
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:425 (42%)
  • 4 Star:587 (58%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great smartphone holder

posted by mmiche on 08/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very useful holder for any kind of cell phones or other device. It fits very well to the airflow grill, otherwise you can use the adhesive base. The mechanic system holds with enough strenghtness; devices can be placed in horizontal or vertical position.
    Cons:
    Bad packaging (only a plastic bag, without any instructions). There is no way to directing the holder, so if your airflow gril...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Inexpensive mount for your phone/GPS

posted by echoedwards on 05/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    + Inexpensive + fits a wide range of devices + "Universal mount" compatible with other mounting devices (e.g. SKU: 32274; SKU: 39284) + Holds on fairly well against shocks movement
    Cons:
    - Gears easily mismatch. This can cause the device to not close properly on your phone/GPS. A little force can realign the gear...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value for money

posted by daragut on 04/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It is really cheap Very useful. Much better than others I have tried for more than 20$ price. For me, the best is its air conditioner port mount. With it you don't have to leave the windshield mounted, which is a claim for thieves to break the car mirror ...
    Cons:
    Maybe could be a bit stronger. But for me it is strong enough The air conditioner port shoud be more stable
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by apcxx on 01/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works! Adjustable to multiple sizes and shapes. Double fixation mode: adhesive or air vent attach (preferred). Mobile phone/ GPS didn't fall off yet :) 3 Pieces: 1 Mobile/GPS holder; 1 air vent mount + 1 adhesive mount. You can use it in 2 different places.
    Cons:
    Not the sturdiest device but it will hold if treated with care. Removing the air vent attach it is difficult, prone to break so...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great cheap mount

posted by omartin1978 on 08/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is a product that is easily handled and is valid for multiple devices. I have tried it with an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and works perfectly.
    Cons:
    Material quality could be better. There are some car models which I have not managed to mount, as the air outlet is not properl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple and useful gadget

posted by josealon on 09/14/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - The plastic quality seems to be good - Inexpensive gadget - Very versatile and adjustable in any airflow - The main component is detachable from the piece of plastic that grips to the airflow - You can set your GPS/PDA in vertical or in horizontal pos...
    Cons:
    - I think the weakest point is the sturdiness of the moving parts, I hope it will last long enough to not make me regret having...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The thing for its price.

posted by embriodeath on 08/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easily attached to the bars of the duct. Has a playground with an adhesive tape for fastening on a flat surface, on the same floor there are two holes for the screws"well this is for those who dare to tie the device. Use easy - no differences from conv...
    Cons:
    Very cheap and soft plastics. Come to me not working - not decompresses the presser foot holder. It was necessary to disassembl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great easy cheap option!

posted by thekwijbio on 03/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to assemble and attach. Fits a wide variety of electronics. Cellphone, PDA, GPS, Zune, etc. Firm mount. Never had anything fall out, even while rallying off road in the mountains!
    Cons:
    Cheap plastic, cheap feel. Though, no breakage yet. One section felt a little loose after about 3 months of use. Not sure ex...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good!

posted by mimmo92 on 02/16/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Sturdy, it is made of hard and (hope) durable plastic -Can be very wide, it holds horizontally my x10 mini -Functional, it really holds your phone really tight -Versatile, you can put it in the air nozzle (as me) or glue it to the windshield -You can adjus...
    Cons:
    -I don't know how many people would glue something on their windshield -The cushions can press the buttons on the side of your ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good capacity, not the best quality

posted by mongman on 01/18/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I bought this because it has good range and thus can hold a wide variety of devices of various widths and depths. It has proved it's versatility with many different objects so far.
    Cons:
    Build quality is lacking and it really doesn't feel like it will last more than a few years, and even then, only if I'm lucky. ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections