DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.8W 36-LED Car Ceiling Dome White Light (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
lot of light for the money – 1.8W 36-LED Car Ceiling Dome White Light (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by origralph on 08/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
a lot more light than i gave it credit for - bought 4 of these, 2 for the cars and two to play with in the house. Like them enough that i'm going to use them in a kitchen ceiling light fixture. Four of these gave me more light than a 60W incandescent bulb - have ordered 16 more to line the ceiling fixture (38 X 18" ID) with and supplement the CFL bulbs. with a small (2X2X1.5") 50W 12V transformer, these by themselves should give me the equivalent of 240W + of incandescent bulb light, but again, i've got some CFL bulbs in that fixture. Be interesting to light my kitchen with less than 80W of total current, where the old fixture drew 300W
Cons:
the connectors are rubbish - they are extremely fragile and small - hell a watch repairman would have issue with these. the first two, the pins in the female side didnt line up with the sockets on the male plug's side. those two i've hard wired. The other two, i pulled the leads w/pins out of the female plastic body first, inserted the male plastic body into it's female mate, and then re-inserted the leads with pins.
Other:
not a whole lot
Bottomline:
worth it - i'd love to find these at $2 per but....

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections