DX  » Community » Reviews » CR2016 3V Lithium Cell Button Battery (5-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Buy them-very good!! – CR2016 3V Lithium Cell Button Battery (5-Pack) Reviews

posted by Pyrpolizer on 01/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Nicely and conveniently packed. Made in Japan. These are LITHIUM batteries same type as major Brands. (Be careful from Alkaline batteries because these 2016 sometimes come in Alkaline too, having less than half the overall capacity, out of which not even half is useful). Tested each one upon receipt I got 1x3.27V, 1x3.28V,2x3.29V and 1x3.30V. So ALL of them were fresh
Cons:
Well not really a Con but the packing shows them as watch batteries, they are very rarely used on watches. Usually on Remote FOB keys for cars.
Other:
As I like to be Technical and precise I tested one. Major Brands claim their 2016 batteries to be 90mAh. Of course this refers to totally fresh, stored in ideal conditions, and discharged on very light load ranging from 10-30 KOhms, which means you have to wait, for 12-36 days to get results. Moreover factory claims are usually over inflated. Soooo.... I loaded the battery with 6KOhms, which is actually a heavy load for this size :-)and gave me a good 50 mAh Capacity. Add about 5-10 to that for the heavy load, this battery's capacity should around 55 mAh. VERY GOOD!!
Bottomline:
Excellent LITHIUM Batteries, very close to the Capacity of major Brands, you get 5 for the price of one, do buy them. Bravo DX!!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections