DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz 100W 18dBi Directional High Gain 18-Unit Antenna for Wifi/Wireless Network (RP-SMA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
SKU 33016 is cheaper while providing the same – 2.4GHz 100W 18dBi Directional High Gain 18-Unit Antenna for Wifi/Wireless Network (SMA) Reviews

posted by LS232 on 10/27/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good item, however I also bought similar SKU 33016 and 33016 is cheaper while providing the same quality. By the way, 33016 is also a bit longer though it has 16 units only. All in all, some connections are better with these YAGI things and some are better with more compact regular omni-directional antennas. I installed YAGI in my appartment the following way: just one screw into ceiling close to my window, then attached to it (upside down) little tripod found in Dollar Store. Simply put 3 tripod legs around screw and tie with strong wire (I used clothes hanger to get the wire). Then you need just one appropriate bolt to attach antenna to tripod screw so you can easily rotate and fix your antenna. That's how we built intercontinental missiles in ex-USSR. Some of them later were further converted to launch small satellites into space ;-)
Cons:
SKU 33016 cable is longer.
Other:
Bottomline:
I would rather buy SKU 33016 because it is little bit cheaper and seems to be the same class.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections