DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5/3.5" Docking Station with One Touch Backup + 2*USB + SD/MMC/MS/TF/M2 Card Reader + eSATA
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Not such a good item – 2.5/3.5" Docking Station with One Touch Backup + 2*USB + SD/MMC/MS/TF/M2 Card Reader + eSATA Reviews

posted by rickfay on 09/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good looking, even knowing that my arrived with the little "door" broken, the black plate that limits if you want to use a 2.5 Hd, wich makes the 3.5 a litte loose, but fixable. and it works.
Cons:
the power adaptor came dead, but i have an identical one, that works and fits with the same surrent voltage and polarity, so not much problems, also bought two e-sata cables, but the transfer speed will not go up 65 mb/s, wich is 1/6 of the speed of the e-sata, so the port is pratically useless.
Other:
could have a better build quality, but its okay, cheap plastic, with some sharp ends, and poor fits in diferents parts.
Bottomline:
it does what it is supposed to do, and allow you to exchange hds without having to take the external enclosure appart, so, ok, but i would expect more speed and more build quality.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections