DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.9" Mini Digital LCD Humidity/Hygrometer and Thermometer (1*LR44)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Seems to be quite OK! – 1.9" Mini Digital LCD Humidity/Hygrometer and Thermometer (1*LR44) Reviews

posted by eZakor on 04/14/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I bought this Hygrometer to complement my cigar / pipe tobacco humidor project, just to test how accurate it was and so on... I did the hygrometer salt test with this, and it shows that my unit shows +3% RH, but seems to do it consistently. Hitting the 70% RH recommended for humidors means just that i need to keep the humidity at 73% according the hygrometer. Not bad. The form factor is quite usable (57mm x 32mm x 11,4mm) and the lack of backlight is a pro in my book, as there's a little less energy consumption. The LR44 battery is also readily available in Europe, a big plus there too.
Cons:
The slight offset in metering accuracy might mean that if one orders multiple units, there will be a need to salt test them each. Not a real con, though, as I personally would do that anyway.
Other:
I think I will be ordering a few more of these soon, just to see if I can hit the jackpot with one precise unit.
Bottomline:
It's cheap, it works and it's kind of pretty / non-intrusive. It's easily attached to a glass surfaces with some adhesive or even blu-tack(!). Nothing wrong, I think.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections