DX  » Community » Reviews » Wireless Charging Stand with Dual 500mAh Battery Packs for Wii Remote (Color Assorted)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Amazing! Must have if you have a Wii – Wireless Charging Stand with Dual 500mAh Battery Packs for Wii Remote (Color Assorted) Reviews

posted by Caligi on 06/28/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Small and lightweight.
Good LED's to indicate it's status. No connections, it charges by induction, just lay your wiimote on top of it and it will start charging.
No separate AC adapter, just plugs into the Wii itself for it's power.
It is compact, the cord wraps around a spindle in the back, and you can use it laying down, or on a stand that pops out.
Comes with two rechargable batteries, and they hold a charge for a good long while.
Cons:
The LED's are SUPER BRIGHT! I have my Wii in my bedroom and it was like a nightlight (comparable to a LED Flashlight). I solved this by not letting the wiimote sit in there. I put it on the stand on the days that I'm going to use it.
Does take time to charge, but I expected this. This is more like a trickle charger I imagine. Use your wii and then let it sit there overnight or while you are at work and it'll be charged back up in a few hours.
Other:
I have not tried any of the other wii chargers here on DX or on the market, but I have researched the induction type before and wanted this unit.
Place the rechargable battery into your wiimote, and lay it on the charger to charge it. You can have the silicone sleeve on, it will still charge.
The benefit to me is that I don't have to keep buying batteries for it, or have to take the sleeve off everytime I want to recharge my engergizers. It's a really good product and very useful for regular wii users.
Bottomline:
Well worth the money to save on buying batteries, or the time and effort when removing conventional rechargable AA batteries for the wiimote.
Reasonably priced, and useful if you have two wiimotes.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections