DX  » Community » Reviews » 5*Cree R2 1200-Lumen White Light Drop-in LED Module (52.7mm*42mm/8.4V Max)
Sort by:
14 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:578 (57%)
  • 4 Star:436 (43%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good

posted by suomesta on 11/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright light! Excellent choise for DYI dive light.
    Cons:
    Haven't seen any so far
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Police 6D + 5xCree R2

posted by DXaccount007 on 04/29/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very bright indeed, great stream of light until 200 meters. Very easy DIY Police 6D + 5xCree R2 ! (DX Police 6V - 6xD-cells) Just cut the + spring from 5xcree, enlarged a bit the - spring and done (!) This way, the initial xenon bulb can even be replace...
    Cons:
    Not any, used 6x(2xAA) batteries through the D-cell/AA-cells adapter from DX (+ DX recharged AA cells), thus 1,2x6=7,2V for the...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright! Realy Bright!

posted by bierbauchbaer on 02/14/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -It´s a very bright, easy DIY upgrade for the UF WF-500. -The spot is thight and the spill is also nice. -The tint is a great white. -The effective Range is about 150- 200 meters, -Nice regulation
    Cons:
    -The heatsink is to small and the main problem is to get the heat out of the WF- 500 head. - The Springs are NOT gold plated...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice and bright

posted by fitzie on 01/20/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I got this drop in module for my Ultrafire WF600 xenon torch. It is a cinch to fit as it is nearly exacly the same shape as the xenon assembly, just put some light lube on thread when I screwed it in the head of the torch.This whole process took about 5 min...
    Cons:
    None so far and hopefully the crees are of decent quality and I get decent life out of them-doesnt chew out the batteries like ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    brightest flashlight

posted by peroag on 01/09/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    brightest flashlight i ever have after i made it work on a mod 2d mag lite, using 2 18650 batt.Every body at work really noticed the difference and also the brightest flashlight they seen so far.
    Cons:
    poor build quality but after reading reviews/tips and forums ,i troubleshoot it and made it work after resoldering loosed conne...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    5*Cree R2 1200-Lumen

posted by unrealspeed on 12/23/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Bought this drop-in because I wanted more power from my magl_ite, after a bit of fiddling I got a flashlight that was much stronger, like 11 times stronger. kicks all other flashlights I have seen. this 5XCree drop-in converts the dark forest to a sunny bea...
    Cons:
    This drop-in is not made for Magle-ite so you have to file down the reflector a few mm. and mod the springs included in this ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    All I wanted... and more!!! WOW!

posted by inzane747 on 12/22/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    OK... bought this with the idea that I needed to stuff it in my modded 6D mag host. I had the P7 pill in there prior and I wanted more to justify the weight of the beast. THIS IS IT! I know there are better hosts BUT I have my reasons. I mad a subc 6 cell s...
    Cons:
    is not milled to fit a mag... all that fudge about heatsinking.... it CAN be done... however, if I were in Iraq using this i...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    VERY AWESOME BRIGHT LIGHT PERIOD

posted by datsrboi on 09/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Let me say it once.BRIGHT. Okay I will say it again BRIGHT. This little thing is strong and very bright. I used it in my scuba dive light build and it has beaten 1,000 dollar light in brightness all night long. I have had it one hours at a time in the water...
    Cons:
    The quality was good but not great. The reflector seems to scratch very easily and after many usage the lens that goes over the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Shock and Awe!

posted by echotek on 09/08/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I got this module intending to put it into a mag host. I decided to use the mag for an incandescent mod and ordered SKU# 1317 (Ultrafire WF-500 Xenon Flashlight)as suggested on other reviews, as the host. Wow! This module is brighter than any other light I ...
    Cons:
    Not really a con, but the beam spill has a funny scalloped outer edge due to it being a multi-emitter (Array)design. I had ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent product

posted by Sarentis on 06/20/2010

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I could buy a ready flashlight, for example SKU 30683 (TrustFire TR-1200 HA-III 5*Cree Q5-WC 1200-Lumen 5-Mode Memory LED Flashlight), but I did not need a 5-mode flashlight, so I bought this module and flashlight SKU 1317 (Ultrafire WF-500 Xenon Flashlight...
    Cons:
    There is no!
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections