DX  » Community » Reviews » 5*Cree R2 5-Mode 1200-Lumen White Light Drop-in LED Module (52.7mm*42mm/8.4V Max)
Sort by:
6 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:503 (50%)
  • 4 Star:503 (50%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Amazing piece!

posted by TrakTuned on 11/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great reflector. Decent leds to give a nice beam. Profile of the beam itself is more uniform than one would expect, for 5 leds collimating in one beam it is amazingly uniform with a fantastic hotspot to boot.
    Cons:
    Tint is a little cool for my taste, but not really a con. Soldering could be better but that is easily remedied with a little e...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great mod

posted by dusty2 on 07/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright, well focused, solid, dependable
    Cons:
    requires modification to fit maglight, Strobe features are useless, Not a true drop in you need to modify it to make it fit
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great buy

posted by seckinb on 01/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Fits quite well in a WF-500 body. Doesn't flicker, or any contact problems in my sample. Memory works well, stays where you turned it off. Makes a very bright, throwing yet flooding flashlight. Low mode is low and very usable indoors. Nice, clean whi...
    Cons:
    None I can think of. I would have loved to see 5x R5 leds drop-ins too.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great project

posted by SvenC on 01/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a nicely put together module. All 5 cree are sitting nicely in the reflector and the whole package seems well built. I like multi modes though I could do without SOS. 8.4v input is nice.
    Cons:
    I mounted mine in an old 3d Mag. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you have a lathe. I had to cut both the Mag head and a b...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Destined for a few more conversions.

posted by admacdo on 06/11/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Bright, but not 1200 lumen bright. Turn your friends face to white in the middle of the day bright.. A good size to fit into many different hosts. Great throw with quite usable spill.
    Cons:
    None really that I can think of. The three levels of output would be enough. I could do without the portable disco strobe and I...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great module

posted by me5647 on 04/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This is a great drop in module. It is very bright. I'm not sure what other lights it would drop into easily but it does fit with some effort and grinding into a D sized maglight. I will post pics of how I got it to fit when I get a camera. -It stays on w...
    Cons:
    -I don't like the strobe and SOS modes. I wish it was just High-Med-Low. -If you get it to fit in a maglight it will never b...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections