DX  » Community » Reviews » 4 x AA/AAA Battery Charger with 1.5" LCD Display (100~240V AC)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Quality charger, reliable detection of bad cells – 4 x AA/AAA Battery Charger with 1.5" LCD Display (100~240V AC) Reviews

posted by zufaelligernick on 11/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Suprisingly it seems really a 100% clone of the Sone BCG-34HRMD which i own for 4 years. Technical Data, housing and PCB are the same. LCD layout (font) is a bit different, symbols are the same. - The build quality is good (as you would expect from a Sony-product ;-) - it detects "end of live cylcle"-batteries early (before they fail in the field) - green backlight goes off at completion of the last charging -> easy to see from distance that it's time to change to the next pairs to charge - fast charging (but not insanly ultra-fast) - batteries do not get overheated like on ultra-fast chargers - light weight and compact - no external power supply - wide voltage range
Cons:
- no 12V socket for car use
Other:
i hate blister packaged which come solid as a anti theft protection. May look nice in shop, but for mail order this is just rediculous when you need nearly the big tools to crush the blister... btw: to explain the "early fail detection" described above: Every battery has a life time of some 100-1000 cycles, depending on quality and usage conditions. I personally prefer to get warned of a "not so good battery" early to put that one to the recycling bin. I tried some batteries detected as "defective" by the Sony device to continue withother chargers. It took about 5-15 cycles more and then the other chargers detected as well a failed battery or -what i hate most- the batteries failed in the field...
Bottomline:
works ideal for my collection of Sanyo/Eneloops.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections