Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
Suprisingly it seems really a 100% clone of the Sone BCG-34HRMD which i own for 4 years. Technical Data, housing and PCB are the same. LCD layout (font) is a bit different, symbols are the same.
- The build quality is good (as you would expect from a Sony-product ;-)
- it detects "end of live cylcle"-batteries early (before they fail in the field)
- green backlight goes off at completion of the last charging -> easy to see from distance that it's time to change to the next pairs to charge
- fast charging (but not insanly ultra-fast)
- batteries do not get overheated like on ultra-fast chargers
- light weight and compact
- no external power supply
- wide voltage range
- no 12V socket for car use
i hate blister packaged which come solid as a anti theft protection. May look nice in shop, but for mail order this is just rediculous when you need nearly the big tools to crush the blister...
btw: to explain the "early fail detection" described above:
Every battery has a life time of some 100-1000 cycles, depending on quality and usage conditions. I personally prefer to get warned of a "not so good battery" early to put that one to the recycling bin. I tried some batteries detected as "defective" by the Sony device to continue withother chargers. It took about 5-15 cycles more and then the other chargers detected as well a failed battery or -what i hate most- the batteries failed in the field...
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.