DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" LCD High Resolution Vehicle Mount Video Camcorder with SD Card Slot (Wide Angle)
Sort by:
36 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5821 (58%)
  • 4 Star:3613 (36%)
  • 3 Star:62 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value in auto DVR

posted by billdag on 08/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Simple to use. Reliable. Pretty good video quality. Efficient mp4 codec. Uses about 140MB per 5 Min. file at 848x480 resolution. 1280x720 uses about double that. Built in LiIon battery. Car charger turns it on and off automatically when you start your ...
    Cons:
    Some fish eye distortion due to ultra-wide angle lens. Loses about 2-1/2 seconds of info when starting new 5 Min. folder - at ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great image for value!

posted by edwinbro on 08/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    True 1080 HD videos with great audio capabilities. Despite not having any LEDs for night time, the night vision is still very clear. As much as you can see with headlights with driving is as much as you can see on the camera. Basically, it captures it all! ...
    Cons:
    The lag time between clips - but! With a class 10 card, I have only noticed about 3 seconds lost between 15 minute clips which ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Camcorder economy

posted by etronic on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Automatic start-stop recording. Great quality video of day. Great angle of vision. Easy to install and adjust. Easy to use and configure. It stores video files duration: 2, 5, 15min to 720p
    Cons:
    Poor quality recording at night. Unusable at night. I do not think other cameras with infrared lighting work better. Recording ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice dvr with typical problems

posted by aLexusPro on 05/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - wide angle lens and LCD monitor - user friendly interface and buttons - compact mount device, perfect sucker - nice looks timestamp, nice video quality in day - works already 2 years without any problems - acceptable price
    Cons:
    - unrecording interval for some seconds between 2 min files and some tens of seconds between 15 min files - very bad, FAT16 or ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Put it on the window and drive

posted by dennisst on 04/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    High quality smooth video, License plates readable Starts and stops automatically with vehicle power Built in battery Long power cable Decent stable window mount
    Cons:
    On my radio it gave quite some distortion on FM while connected to DC, on it's internal battery there was no distortion.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great camera for personal use

posted by cerge87 on 03/26/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to set-up and use. Starts up automatically and can record in 1, 5 or 15 minute cycles. Great video quality during the day, acceptable at night. The screen can be closed during recording, which is great. The sound recording can be turned off.
    Cons:
    None really, could use a LED indicating REC off or on
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good price for good quality

posted by modrid on 02/07/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    good price, good quality, ease of use, Wide angle, Automatically turns on and off, Re-records over old videos, Mini USB / HDMI, Very long power cable, Does not have fake & stupid LED. All those LED is just for marketing, fully useless and has nothing bu...
    Cons:
    night recording (low quality video), interference to radio signal when recharging, delay between files - I know a lot of low-co...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great, I love it

posted by Josekar on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good quality HD video. Wide angle. I find it easy to set and use, though I struggled at first, since I did not know how to use the up and down adjustment for different light situations. Right now the cam has been part of me, wherever I travel, day or night....
    Cons:
    The huge dealy, 3-4 seconds, between files makes me lose important parts of recordings and that is a big minus for me. I had an...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great dash cam for the money

posted by mik3 on 01/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Real 720p quality - 30 fps - Huge angle of view - High quality display - Re-records over old videos - Compresses the videos to a pretty good file size - Has mini-hdmi out - Can set 3, 5, 15 minute recording times - Automatically turns on and off with the ...
    Cons:
    Even with a class 10 sd card it leaves 5-8 seconds between recordings on 15 minute maximum recording time.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great

posted by dominikmartens on 12/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very large angle of the movie. Very good quality. Extremely ease-to-use.
    Cons:
    The greatest weakness is a delay between files. Even for very short recordings (2 mins) you will get a delay about 3 seconds. F...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections