DX  » Community » Reviews » 8-LED 2-Mode Infrared Sensor Motion Activated White Lamp (2*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
recomended! – 8-LED 2-Mode Infrared Sensor Motion Activated White Lamp (2*AA) Reviews

posted by issao76 on 09/01/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Easy to use/set.
Actually it has TRHEE mode, not two! DX could correct the description.
I)3 mode available:
II)20 seconds timer
1st:stay Light up, no matter if it's under the sun or in a dark room;
2nd: infrared motion activated-night mode- it lights up when motion is detected AND it is dark.
3rd: infrared motion activated-day mode- it lights up when motion is detected, even during the day.
-the LED lights up for 20 seconds, not 50 as described.
Bright, good finish, looks good.
Cons:
Comes with a double sided self adhesive tape, but you can peel only one side, and the other side is actually glued to the protective paper. SO it does not work. This is the only con.
I had to buy new tape to stick it in the ceiling.
The IR sensor range is not 3meters actually..
I asume that most of people would install this lamp in the ceiling. When installed in the ceiling, it lights up only when you get two steps until you stand in the bottom of the light. It means will light up when you get about 2meters from the light.
But now, if you hang it in a wall, facing to you, the sensor range goes higher than 6meters.
The sensor angle is 120degrees. Have that in min.
Other:
Bottomline:
Someone asked about it's brightness.. It is more than enought to light the hall, corridor at night. So that you can find your way without stumbling in things or find your keys. Defnitely not to read a book or do any activities.
It has 8 standard LEDs, have that in mind.
Someone mentioned that the cover is hard to remove. It is in a hard cristal plastic, but it is easy to remove, not hard.
The only thing hard to take out are the batteries. You need a help of a small screw driver or something else to take the batteries out.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections