View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap alternative, but makes a visual impact – Stylish Aluminum + Leather Car Shift Gear Knob Reviews

posted by gomd3rd on 06/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Very surprise with the quality, stitching is not really functional but gives a great visual appeal. I installed this on a manual G35 coupe and it was a pretty straight forward installation. Light knob but I did feel an improvement on the shifting making shifts easier and more precise (oem is extremely heavy and cumbersome) Ergonomic design fits really well in palm for various shifting styles.
Cons:
Main gripe is that the aluminum sides on the knob are a little raised and can scratch you if you slide your hand up too quickly. Hammered down a little to make it feel better with a small rubber hammer. Also, if the right rubber is not used the knob will slide around too much, not being perfectly centered. Engraved momo collar does not line up 100% correctly off kilter by 3mm not a big deal.
Other:
To properly install this I suggest you cut the rubber adapters in half so they will fit all the way into the knob, other wise you will be left with a knob that sits too high. Comes with all the tools to install so it should be pretty straight forward.
Bottomline:
hey it's cheap enough that if you do not like the look you can resell or give away as a gift. The knob worked perfectly for me but took some elbow grease to get it to fit snug and tight. If you are a bit handy Im sure you can make it perfect fit. (due to cutting and squeezing to get it to sit perfectly aligned)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections