DX  » Community » Reviews » USB 4-in-1 MP3 Pen with Voice Recorder and FM Radio Direct USB/AC Charged
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
Bad pen, good recorder – USB 4-in-1 MP3 Pen with Voice Recorder and FM Radio Direct USB/AC Charged Reviews

posted by paul0909 on 10/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
0. Good recording quality. I must define - good comparing to chinese voice recorders. Specific brand voice recorders have much better sensivity. But it's not fare to compare this "pen" to them. 1. Pretty small if pen-part separated. 2. Good price!
Cons:
0. My opinion: Voice recorder should start recording after power-on. If it's a "Pen with Voice Recorder" it should record immediately after one action. This one starts recording after 3 key presses. You should wait after each press and control indicator's state before next press. Not good for me... 1. Not very good build quality. After receiving pen couldn't "open". Had to be fixed. 2. 140 kb/sec writing speed! Terrible!!! One hour to put 500 Mbs on this "pen". (about 4Mb/s reading speed).
Other:
Under winXP was ok and showed FA32 filesystem. Win7 said it has errors and corrected it after which it started showing FAT16. Strange. My one has 2Gb (true!) memory though there was "1 GB" memory label on it. You'll have to get used to it's indicator's states. But there's always such a problem with devices which don't have a screen, so it's not a con.
Bottomline:
For me it's rather useful to have such device in the car. Additional pen and additional voice recorder sometimes may be very useful.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections