DX  » Community » Reviews » 802.11g 54Mbps High Power 1000mW USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Dongle
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Seems to be worth the cash – 802.11g 54Mbps High Power 1000mW USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Dongle Reviews

posted by Irongeek on 05/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
See other thoughts section. All in all, I dig it.
Cons:
None that I have found so far, kind of low that they put the dragon logo on the device to make it look like they are related to the BackTrack project. Be nice if the support site existed, and the manual is in Chinese (not that you should really need it)
Other:
A few notes, 1. Nicely printed box. Mentions BT3/BT4 on the front. 2. The link on the box, freewifilink.com, does not seem to exist, but the name is registered to "zhaolei" 3. Manual is in Chinese 4. Detachable antenna. 5. Windows 7 64 bit found it, and installed the drivers without needing the CD. 6. Monitor mode seems to work no problem in BT4 final, got it up in Kismet. I was uisng a VM by the way. 7. RealTek 8187L chipset. 8. Using the -9 test, aireplay seems to support injection with it. For the price, thumbs up so far. Need to test deauth when I get home, and range also since there's too many apps where I am right now to be sure.
Bottomline:
Worth it it seem.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections