DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.2" LCD Non Contact Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-50°C ~ 380°C)
Sort by:
16 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8113 (81%)
  • 4 Star:122 (12%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent and accurate.

posted by enzyme1 on 06/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very good value, I have seen this sold in Australia fro $139. High quality, doesn't feel cheap. Accurate, easy to use.
    Cons:
    No apparent cons
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap IR thermometer

posted by luotinen on 06/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The unit works by pressing the trigger and pointing the target. The laser pointer can be turned on and the F/C can be chosen. The quoted measurement range covers all typical use purposes. I tested it against other thermometers and most of the time it was ac...
    Cons:
    Does not come with a battery (uses standard 9V battery). The emissivity (0.95) cannot be changed and you need to do corrections...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    acceptable

posted by jovanovicjj on 03/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very Cheap, good built, has memory of last measurement,display have backlite, point and shoot, Laser target pointer that can be turned on for accurate measurement or off to save battery.
    Cons:
    Not very accurate. In specification is stated +/-2C/ +/-2% - I think it's true but it's always on bigger side. If you measure ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap IR Thermometer

posted by rad200 on 01/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Easy to use, don't need to refer to manual after a few trials. - Light. Even with battery. - Sturdy. Feels firm like some more expensive ones. - Backlight. Really usefull when used in dark areas or night use. - Laser can be turn on or off to safe battery....
    Cons:
    Not really for this price. However an ON/OFF switch is nice to have esp. when storing it in toolbox - other tools may accidenta...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy and sturdy

posted by dyogiantara on 12/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The unit is very good in build quality. it is sturdy, very good finished, feels good in my hand. the button easily reached in any operations. the display is very clear, big number so you can be easily see the measurement even in a bright/sunny environment. ...
    Cons:
    no battery included... but thats not even a cons for me
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent tool

posted by elomy2010 on 11/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Great percision, manual says +-2C, but it seems absolutely percise - pretty percise even on shiny surfaces with weird emissivity - LCD backlight very good for wine-cellar and similar conditions - C/F degrees switch - laser can be switched off to save ...
    Cons:
    - LCD display has a little weird viewing angle, going gray/unreadable when viewed from top, which I'd expect to be "natural" ha...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Inacurate

posted by MalyJaponec on 10/26/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good plastic quality. It will not break after extensive use, I hope.
    Cons:
    In is not acurate. In temperatures in range 0-10C I see difference from real temperature like -+4 C. But what is bigger problem...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    InfraRed Thermometer

posted by assendino on 10/22/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very good compared with other Thermometers of high quality. Finishing of good quality. Light night display . Auto off (economy battery) . Includes battery 9 v . Product with excellent price .
    Cons:
    Nothing really . Only positive points .
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect

posted by elomy2010 on 10/22/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A great tool. Excellent accuracy. Inexpensive. Quality. I am developing LED lamps and lanterns. I like this tool very helpful for the work. As far bask LEDs. What is the allowable temperature. Batteries not included. You need to enable the battery package. ...
    Cons:
    no cons
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good Digital Thermo

posted by assendino on 10/14/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very good finishing. Easy to use. Surprise the good used material. Includes battery 9v (surprise). Good for professional use and hobby. Good precision.
    Cons:
    none none none
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections