DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.2" LCD Non Contact Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-50°C ~ 380°C)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 2
Inacurate – 1.2" LCD Non Contact Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-50°C ~ 380°C) Reviews

posted by MalyJaponec on 10/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Good plastic quality.
It will not break after extensive use, I hope.
Cons:
In is not acurate.
In temperatures in range 0-10C I see difference from real temperature like -+4 C. But what is bigger problem. The difference is not stable. I measured something that had to have 9C, it showed 4C and after 10 minutes measuring somewhere I returned and measured same thing and it showed 7C. Next day I measured room with temperature 7C and some objects had 2C some -0,5C.
It has internal temperature sensor, that is correct, there must be something that measure temperature of sensor, but together it do not work right, because when I measure in room temperature 23C parts of furniture that have also 23C it shows something in distance +-1C, then I cooled this device to aprox. 10C and the same object in the room was like 26C, it is +3C.
Other:
Blue back-light is nice and useful.
I have in hands 100 times more expensive device that is completely something else. It can really measure temperature with accurately near 0,1C, so I can compare really top quality product of this type with this device. I can borrow the expensive unit to compare measurement, but I will not do it if I see that this meter measures a little bit "randomly".
Bottomline:
I used it for measuring temperature of heating pipes. I need to see difference in temperature and this unit does this job, because in short term it it enough stable and even I do not know real temperature of pipes, I know that one of them is 2C below rest and I can make correction in heating water flow.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections