DX  » Community » Reviews » SG90 Mini Servo with Gears and Parts (2Kg Torque)
Sort by:
39 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5622 (56%)
  • 4 Star:4116 (41%)
  • 3 Star:31 (3%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap & Small

posted by tnvd on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Yes, it is a servo, and it is exactly like advertised: Strong, Small, Cheap, Lightweight. Only 9 gramms. It does not, in my case, travel all the 180, and didn't return all the times in middle position. As I only have one I cannot compare.
    Cons:
    Screws to connect the arms are not easy to insert, but it also can be a pro; as the arms are a tight fit. The gears, like other...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worked perfectly out of the package

posted by jmchugh1 on 06/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works as designed out of the package. Arduino example sketch works with this without modification. Can be readily modified to continuous rotation.
    Cons:
    The gear on top isn't perfect, had to file it a little to get the provided parts to mate.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great relationship between cost and benefit.

posted by gustavoeng on 04/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Greate price. The servo works well for me. The order came as expected. Great product, I recommend it.
    Cons:
    No cons. The pieces are fragile but this is not a problem for small projects.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great servo for the money. Build quality seems good.

posted by mrf604 on 03/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought 2 of these to add to my "Arduino Kit". I've successfully used them to test sample sketches. They work great. The build quality is good. They are a little smaller than I had expected. They come with several arm attachments and mount...
    Cons:
    None other than there is no separate bracket to attach the servo to your project. Each servo does have mounting holes, but a s...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple, small servo

posted by robphysics on 03/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very small and durable. Comes with plenty of "arms" and screws to hold in place. The wires are long enough to not be a problem.
    Cons:
    None really. Just take into consideration it is a micro-servo, so it is not very powerful. It's good for moving small parts, no...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice little servo

posted by Plippo73 on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Works as advertised - Really small - Very reasonable price - Seems to be of good quality
    Cons:
    - Came in a simple little plastic bags, knowing how gentle the postal service is there could have been issues, luckily there we...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    this is a very good and cheap servo

posted by mastermaste on 02/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is a very cheap servo that you can use in many DIY projects. It is easy to drive and understand. It is good for many projects.
    Cons:
    I have no cons. The servo works fine. Price/Use is just right.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little servo

posted by Avatar7 on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The device is exactly what it is described to be, a mini servo. Works great and was nice that it came with a few different types of attachments. Good torque, sufficient for smaller projects.
    Cons:
    One of the servos that i received was misaligned but i managed to fix the problem. Being servos they are quite noisy, but that ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap Powerrrrrr

posted by bunnybonga on 02/02/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Comes with a lot of parts to use. Very powerfull and good build quality. Standard connector. Easy to use with arduino board. There are some holes in the housing for easy mounting on your projects.
    Cons:
    It's very difficult to find out the +/-/singnal cable. They only go about 150° and can't stay at 90° without coninuou...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    decent value for a great price

posted by z00m3r on 01/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Does it's job -can't beat the price
    Cons:
    -Jitters -plastic parts feel only slightly loose inside -looses calibration after prolonged usage (for example the 0, 90 and 18...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections