DX  » Community » Reviews » 3-Pin PC Cooling Fan Speed/Noise Reduction Cable (5-Piece Set)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:808 (80%)
  • 4 Star:101 (10%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:101 (10%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

90% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Copes with its task and well!

posted by SkaterSPB on 05/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Ready-made solution to slow down the fans! Very convenient to use, set and forget. Work for more than 6 months. Strong heating I had not noticed ... Price can not but rejoice!
    Cons:
    Connection seems very flimsy, poorly kept. It is a pity that in the package are only 3pin connection, it would be good to put a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and works really well, recommended

posted by kiwijunglist on 03/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Extremely Cheap, that's 40 cents per resistor. Resistors are very easy to install.
    Cons:
    You might have to move or bend the pins a little if they are not aligned correctly
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Love it

posted by DanteAlu on 03/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Love it! A bit tricky ti plug for the first time but its good!
    Cons:
    its 51om + - 5%! Its too week for me =/ The fan is still pretty fast... I connected 2 of these and fun just stop spinning! So i...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Speed reduction

posted by pirateG51 on 01/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Ok so here are the pros: 1. The 3-pin speed reduction cable is cheap and it does what it says. 2. It looks nice (atleast to me).
    Cons:
    Now the cons: 1. Like the most cheap products - the build quality. The actual quality is good, but those 3 pins are moving whe...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A bargain for the price

posted by XpanD on 12/06/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A while ago I found myself in need of some fan adapters, and ended up buying a bunch of 9.5v adapters in a local shop. Those cost me 2 euros each (!), and came with white connectors and a tiny sleeve over the resistor with nothing else being covered - prett...
    Cons:
    Not really a con for me, but... The ones I received differ slightly from the stock image, in that both connectors were black an...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a good product with reasonable price.

posted by coq509 on 08/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works as expected. Some branded product of this kind (for example, "Z" maker or "O" maker) costs much more expensive by 5 ~ 10 times.
    Cons:
    One of the set of five was broken, but this is not a big problem, considering its price.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good solution

posted by Decatro on 11/21/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    + High to medium quality components i believe, other than the pins that you might have to angle just a little bit before you insert your fan in there. + No naked components, it's all protected by shrinkable rubber tubes. + If you need to lower the fan spe...
    Cons:
    - The shrinkable tubes that protects the resistor are often loose, but it really doesn't matter since it still covers everythin...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Quieter - YES - but not for 80mm fans

posted by romaneth on 11/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    These make my fans quieter - YES - but for 80mm fans airflow drop was critical. Fans are virtually useless now and one of three 12v fans I used them on didn't start at all... I would recommend other - regulated solutions for fan speed adjusting.
    Cons:
    nothing that I'd think of for the price given. you have the whole bunch of resistors for very little price
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    awsesome littel devices

posted by blacklung000 on 08/04/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works perfectly - slows down 3pin fans that mornally can't be controlled 40c each!! Good for making you HTPC (or even your normal PC) a little bit quieter
    Cons:
    no cons - these are great
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Run your fans at 9v. Works fantastically!

posted by legendofpedro on 05/22/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    These cables contain a 56 Ohm resistor, which will cause most standard fans (0.33A/4W rated) to run at about 9v. This makes them a fair bit quieter, but they still move a good amount of air. It's nice to be able to slow down fans, while running them faster...
    Cons:
    The PWM wire isn't passed through for 4-pin fans.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections