DX  » Community » Reviews » E27 1210 6W 84-LED 588-Lumen 6500K Light Bulb - White (85~265V AC)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A lot better than expected! – E27 1210 6W 84-LED 588-Lumen 6500K Light Bulb - White (85~265V AC) Reviews

posted by t4toterapeuta on 07/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I've ordered three types of led lamps with aesthetics close to this one (the other two were aluminum body, and a lot expensive, ~$20 and ~$32, respectively). The most expensive ($32) didn't work at all (DOA). The $20 one is also really nice, but this lamp is as nice as the $20 one (couldn't compare to $32 because it did not turn on). - Not directional as expected by design (which is good!), can light a small room (3m x 3m) alone. - Great color, in my perception, temperature is less than 6000K which is very good for who likes white without being blueish. - White (almost PURE white). - Build quality is fairly good. - Really bright, comparing to other 6W / 600lumens, this looks brighter.
Cons:
Little delay to turn on (~ less than 1 second). Of course it's absolutely not a problem, because after turn on, goes to full bright instantaneously. But it's better to advice who are reading this review. You cant look directly at it, or you will be remembering this white thing for some hours. Although build quality is good, I'm afraid of using the socket turning feature (to adjust position) and break any internal wire.
Other:
I've ordered this "cheap" lamp (could be even cheaper) just to compare to other 2 more expensive I would like to have. This item surprised me a lot, and I state it as a great value for money. I've said above it can light a small room (3m x 3m) alone, but it would be better to have 2 of them to have an ultimate lighting for only 12W (6W x 2). For the price, it's better to take 2 of this instead of only one of the more expensive. Of course it's not as bright as the expensive one (which is rated ~1000 lumen), but if you can position 2 of this, you will have greater flexibility comparing to only one, for the same price.
Bottomline:
Don't limit your thoughts of using this lamp in directional way only because of it's design. It's bright enough to reflect a white wall and light a small room. For sure it works nice if you use as directional too, but I've attached it to a dual spot socket and I'm very happy with it. Another point: this and the other "same kind" lamps are smaller than they look at the pictures (of course you can see dimensions at product description), but imagine it a bit small than you thing. Being small than expected did not mean it not as bright as expected. It's incredible how such small thing can be so bright.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections