DX  » Community » Reviews » Cable Stripper (4-Sizes)
Sort by:
13 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:699 (69%)
  • 4 Star:314 (31%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality cable stripper

posted by RajivG on 06/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is a very good quality product. I use this with RG6 cables and it works really well. I have not tried to strip the other cables. An Allen key is provided to control the depth of cut for the two blades but it is not necessary. This will last for a long ...
    Cons:
    Since cable strippers rub against the mesh shield, it is only a matter of time before the cut gets dull and a new blade will be...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Mine was defective :(

posted by MattInSoCal on 09/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is twice the price for apparently the same tool at the chain of Tool stores that import their Freight through the Harbor from China. It is 1/4 the price that would be paid if you brought it Home from the Depot where you buy do-it-yourself warehouse store
    Cons:
    Mine was defective. The press-in threaded insert that the blade depth adjustment screw sits in was not seated properly. When tr...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great tool

posted by Noctaa on 08/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - 50% less than at a hardware store. - Very easy to use. - Small (portable). - Sharp blade. - Good quality. - Adjustable cable size. - Will make you look important in front of a client (people always look at how cool and helpful your tools are).
    Cons:
    - None - None - None - None - None
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Since when is the cable guy / Como cuando viene el tipo del cable.

posted by carlosedelucchi on 07/31/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Simplifies cutting of cables and allows an excellent finish.Just a couple of laps and ready! Easy to use. Ergonomic. Suitable for four sizes of cables. Simplifica el corte de cables y permite un excelente acabado. ¡¡Solo un par de vueltas y listo...
    Cons:
    The system of blade adjustment, wine with a screw is loosened and often failed. There is a standard Allen screw so it makes rep...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by Groenner on 08/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    GREAT. It works as it should, it is cheap, well built. The cutting blades are sharp and this is a real time saver when it comes to make a lot of cables and plugs for them. The controls for the depth of the cut are also great. Thi is a must have tool
    Cons:
    None. Cant really think of cons. This is a simple tool, there isnt much to say. This is a simple tool, there isnt much to say.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good buy

posted by anrus57 on 02/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    A nice model of a cable stripper. Can be used not only with coax cable, but with "usual" one-wire too. The blades seem to be sharp, cutting even the toughest insulation.
    Cons:
    Is not very useful with thin wire - I have to work with Russian-made ShGES (????) cable, which is 4 thin coaxes combined, and w...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great

posted by se7enPT on 06/01/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    1) Easy to Use 2) Great Quality ...
    Cons:
    - None - None - None - None - ....
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful tool that works

posted by Bulletsmoke on 04/13/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Small -Compact -Much more cheaper than in the hardware stores -Strips cables perfectly -Adjustable however default settings are fine
    Cons:
    -None
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must have for anyone installing coax

posted by dirtmover on 03/01/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This stripper is the most useful tool if you are installing many coax connectors. Cheap and very easy to use. It takes seconds to prepare your cable for termination.
    Cons:
    I dropped a mark on ease of use because to be honest it is a bit fiddly to adjust. If you are working with multiple types of ca...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good cheap stuf

posted by deffa on 09/28/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a product i didn`t even know that was to find in the work. i just want to say thatnk dealextrem for this wonderful product. It so easy. You just put the cable in and wrist it a couple of times and then ist done. Much better than the knufe i used las...
    Cons:
    the quality was not the best
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections