DX  » Community » Reviews » Lenovo N5901 2.4GHz Portable Handheld Wireless Keyboard with Trackball Mouse (2 x AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Perfect for HTPC use – Lenovo 2.4GHz Portable Handheld Wireless Keyboard with Trackball Mouse (2*AAA) Reviews

posted by Sciamano on 12/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Nice little keyboard. Setup is quick on Windows 7 (just plug the USB receiver and in two seconds you are ready to go). Very small (I see it as a pro). Basic multimedia keys (start, stop, volume, mute). Good working range (see below)
Cons:
As many others have noted, there are no Function Keys (F1-F12). I guess we'll need some hack to have them working with some kind of trick/macro. Trackball very small and not too sturdy. Battery lid is flimsy, be careful!
Other:
I tried walking away from the computer to see when it stopped working and it kept on well after I exited the room (about 6 meters). That's good enough for me, considering that at that distance I'm not able to discern anything on the screen!
Bottomline:
I use it to control my HTPC from the couch. It's perfect for this use. Of course if you need to type long texts, this is not the keyboard for you.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections