DX  » Community » Reviews » DSO1060 5.7" LCD 60MHz 2-Channel Handheld Scopemeter Oscilloscope with USB Host/Device
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice oscilloscope – DSO1060 5.7" LCD 60MHz 2-Channel Handheld Scopemeter Oscilloscope with USB Host/Device Reviews

posted by budavargas on 05/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
At first sigth: A sturdy portatile oscilloscope with a big screen and a nice carring bag. It has an intuitive stable software with drivers included (only for Windows, sadly) and an engrish manual. Easy to operate after a while. Can take bmp screenshots and store them directly to an USB drive pluged.
Testing: I was able able to see signals up to 60 [MHz]. Also, I generated a 100 [nsec] pulse at 500[Hz] for transcient analysis and I got quite amazed. Finally, it has a good 50-60 [Hz] issolation (220 VAC/50 Hz in my country). For test results, see the photo section
Battery efectively last for 5 to 6 hours. I've been using this oscilloscope for the last 6 month and battery life is still the same.
I found that combining a multitester with an oscilloscope is a very clever idea. Very useful to carry a single instrument to do several measures. Measures using the multitester are stable and within my error tolerance.
It's most impresive fact it's is price. For 450 bucks, you have a very nice instrument ideal for a basic design and development bench.
Cons:
FFT: Operations are basic. There is no options like center frequency, span, sweep time or bw settings expected on a Spectum Analizer or a more sophisticated oscilloscope
Probes: While tester probes are ok, scope probes are cheap. I recomend buying a couple at your local electronics shop or order them from a more respetable manufacturer. There are no fine probes here on DX
Screen: Not the best available, but sufficient. I got some random pixels lighted while using it.
Measures: While having a lot of posible automatic measures, many of them aren't as stable as I would like to. At high frequencies or low levels, they tend to jump from it's value to multiples (or fractions) of it.
Other:
60 [MHz] and 100 [nsec] pulses tests are shown on the photo section of this item.
Equipment used:
-BK Presicion 2542 100[MHz] DSO
-HP 8594E Spectrum Analizer
-HP 8350A Sweep Oscilator
-Digilent Spartan 3E-1600 Development Board (for pulse generation)
Bottomline:
An overall useful oscilloscope for hobby and semi-pro uses. It will not remplace a BK precition, Tectronic or any other well known manufacturer but it's nice to have some of their capabilities for 1/2 or 1/3 of their prices. Im glad with my purchase and will recomend it to every situation where a basic oscilloscope is needed.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections