DX  » Community » Reviews » MagicShine SSC-P7 + 2*XP-E 16W 3-Mode 1400-Lumen LED Bike Light Set (4*18650 included)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
good light – SSC-P7 + 2*XP-E 16W 3-Mode 1400-Lumen LED Bike Light Set (4*18650 included) Reviews

posted by mdekkerpoulsen on 06/10/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-The light has an overall good build
-nice power
Cons:
- odd cable lengths
- heavy
- shakes while riding, due to thick rubber paddning in the mount.
- some silicon had to be applied to waterproof the pods.
-the main unit and the two pods, seems to light up the same area, with the pods going a bit wider.
Other:
I use this as a handlebar mounted ligth for XC-MTB riding, and will propably be using it for when extra light is needed (riding i rain).
I use a sku29489 on the helmet, and this is fine when not raining.
As for two lamps workning together, beampattern has a lot more to say than lumens, and this light i combination with the sku29489, needs some dailing in. I've found that the best combination is if I dimm the p7 just a nod, and have the two XP-e's on full. If the P7 is left on full, it outshines, the lovely beampattern of the sku29489.
I found out, that the light shaked, when riding, and anyone who has tried this, knows that shaking lights, just doen't cut it, so I tore off the rubber padding, and glued on a thinner layer of rubber. This solved the shaknig completly. So before you, get rid of the rubber bands, try replacing the rubber padding.
I tryed mounting the lamp on my helmet, but it waied 100grams more than the sku29489, so I desided not to ride with it.
Bottomline:
Good ligth, but i don't think that it's worth the extra money over the sku29489.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections