DX  » Community » Reviews » Aurora SH-035 Cree XPE-WD-Q5 5-Mode 220-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Worse than Ultrafire SS C3 sku.26122 – Aurora SH-035 Cree XPE-WD-Q5 5-Mode 220-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*AA/1*14500) Reviews

posted by bartm on 05/14/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- Cheap for a stainless steel LED flashlight - Still reasonably good - Spring puts less force on switch, so I expect less contact issues - No cree rings - A bit more yellow (warm) light - No short delay like the Ultrafire had
Cons:
Comparing with Ultrafire ss C3 sku.26122: - Considerably less bright (on NiMH batteries) - Parts do not fit together very well - Short threads, and had to remove loose hanging part of thread - Skimped on strength: 65,5g where 82g was advertized. This is also 7,5g less than the Ultrafire - 4mm longer
Other:
- This seems a cheaper-to-make knockoff from sku.26122, so a step backwards - Clearly a different driver than the C3: no delay when turned on, no pauze between SOS strobes. I'll report back if the contact issues that the C3 had are solved here (which would be a big plus). I'll also test battery time and heat on high.
Bottomline:
A bit of a disappointment, primarily because of the much lesser brightness, where more was promised, and the noticeably worse build quality

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections