DX  » Community » Reviews » Romisen MXDL RC-G2 Cree Flashlight Black (1xAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Very nice bright light – Romisen MXDL RC-G2 Cree Flashlight Black (1xAA) Reviews

posted by Herc326 on 11/26/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
Very bright light when compared to other lights I have this size. The Minimag(2AA) upgraded with the Terralux MiniStar 2 and new batteries looks very dim next to this light. The fit and finish looks great, all threads and the lens has O rings, nothing glued, and I really like the one handed tailcap switch. This is the black version with what I would call a OP reflector. It definitely does not have a smooth, slick finish like the reflectors on my other lights. It is a very deep reflector with a tight hot spot and a wide, useable spill.
Cons:
This light has very good throw but I would like a brighter spill at the cost of throw. At a distance of 20 feet the hot spot is approximately 20 inches wide and spill is about 18 feet wide. Not really a con as I have hiked many miles through rough terrain at night with worse(Impact II).
Other:
The description said this light was a little over 4 inches long. The pictures did not help me visualize this so I was surprised how small it is. Makes the brightness of this light with one AA even more of a surprise.
Bottomline:
This is my first anything from DX. Nice light, especially at this price. I would buy again based on my first impression.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections