DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.2" LCD Digital Panel Voltmeter with Blue Backlight (7.2~20V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Good LCD, good rating – 2.2" LCD Digital Panel Voltmeter with Blue Backlight (7.2~20V) Reviews

posted by Aapje on 08/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
If you have a old-car like mine, its a must to have a volt-meter in your car to check if the generator is charging your battery.
I've built this display under my dash out of sight. But i use it quite often to give me a piece of mind.
The LCD works out of the box very well. But the readings were not accurate at first.
If you have a good multimeter of voltmeter, calibrate the meter by turning a variable resistor on the back.
Cons:
Calibration of the volts were off, not accurate enough. After calibration it was fine.
Other:
A manual was better to supply with the product. The picture has a detail photo of a blue box that wasn't supplied with mine.
On the box it says: 7,5 - 19,99volts. I didnt knew this.
Bottomline:
Good product, built quality is very good. Altough the wires are bit short. You can always solder some larger wires onto the old ones.
The LCD is very good readable and the wires connect with a connector like your avarage PC fan.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections