DX  » Community » Reviews » 3-in-1 Electronic Bike Horns with Brake Light and Turning Signals
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 1
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 1
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 2
I didn't want to have to do this...but....I MUST! – 3-in-1 Electronic Bike Horns with Brake Light and Turning Signals Reviews

posted by Pace1 on 05/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Cute LOUD adjustable horn, however, that's where it ends!
Cons:
Arrived with lens broken on front unit. (NO ones fault!) Yet! 1st thing is RED colored LED's behind a yellow lens! That's like putting BLACK Duct tape over a headlight! OK, so I thought I would do the quick DIY fix with "WHITE" LED replacements and my soldering iron....NOT! At least until I can find 1.5V 5mm white LED's. Even then, the turn signals will still blink SO fast they are UN-NOTICEABLE! Alright, I'm not a 10 year old keeping my bike in the driveway. If that were the case, all is good for $7 bucks. (just re-glue the broken front lens).
Other:
$7 is not too bad. You MUST be a "do it your selfer"! At the end of the day, the horn alone is worth $5, even if you cut the rest of it off with scissors!
Bottomline:
A bicycle light, should be equal to an automotive lighting system. Spot on and proper!In doing so, it MUST adhere to DOT rules and regulations, when it becomes the difference between being "seen", or DIE! It just does NOT get any 'Simpler" than that! That is how the US Dept. of Transportation thinks.....

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections