DX  » Community » Reviews » 3-in-1 Electronic Bike Horns with Brake Light and Turning Signals
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
Received today DX did a great job – 3-in-1 Electronic Bike Horns with Brake Light and Turning Signals Reviews

posted by kazbluesky on 09/22/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Ok this is the first thing I every bought with DX. Shipping was fast, perfect. The product looked the same as in photos. It works, it's very cheap. I'm putting it on the bike so that when my boy is on the crossbar he can have a bit of a laugh. He loves it already!!
Cons:
Ok it is very cheaply made, very flimsy. The red lense on mine was already a little broken when it arrived (no big deal, I have glue) The LED's behind the orange turning indicator plastic are RED??? This spoils it really (I might even solder in a few orange ones myself), my boy 6 immediately said "Daddy why do the flash red?" The lights are not very bright either. The red control light at the front is kind of strange too in that 1 red LED flashes when you turn , the other flashes when you push the horn. Normally they are just off if you are not turning or using the horn. Kind of useless , I wish they had just put a white flashing LED there. They should make the red Stop lights flashers too.
Other:
I know it sounds like I dont like this item but in fact I do like it. The idea is great and with a little tweak here and there it could be really nice (flashing LEDs , White in fron and orange in the indicators).
Bottomline:
It's 6 dollars!! It's fun. It could be useful with a few little changes and my son loves it. DX shipped it faster than I've seen done before.
I'll definitely buy from DX again.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections