DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-501B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650/1*17670)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great little flashlight! Nothing bad, no overheat – UltraFire WF-501B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650/1*17670) Reviews

posted by Wartexx on 11/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Real p7 led light, Very very small, water-resistant as far as I can tell by blow testing, and submerging it in water. 0 ring seals on al lose parts, except lens. Does not overheat! Max temperature I have measured with an infra-red thermometer is 47 Celsius on the driver board, housing gets to about 40 Celsius after 10 minutes of high power. Measured Amperage : 1.8 A on tailcap.
Cons:
Had to wrap the drop-in with aluminium foil and heat paste to get the heat away from the led. The thread on the tailcap had no oil on it ( the others had oil). The clicky switch is sometimes difficult to handle. No real 2.8 A as in discription but 1.8 is not bad at all.
Other:
They shouldn't make it drop in, but better heat conductive, but with a bit of work , this is a great flashlight.
Bottomline:
A really great flash light for the money! I also own the MTE p7 , it is nearly the same but this one is cheaper. and looks better I think. It has about 1 hours on high setting , and its great on my bike !

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections