DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/1*17670)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Best for the money. – UltraFire WF-502B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/1*17670) Reviews

posted by dangum on 08/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Light is very bright.
Small size makes it easy to carry.
Light weight.
Very durable, I have dropped it several times and it doesn't even scratch.
It is almost as bright as my WF-500, although I do have an AW-18650 in it and not in the 500.
The strobe mode is disorienting. Does the job right, if entering a dark room with strobe mode on anyone in the room is going to be incapacitated.
The dim mode is still brighter than any other led I have ever come across, and lasted over 5 hours of continuous use with a 2600 mAh battery.
Cons:
Clip unscrews about once a week.
The pattern is not completely smooth although, it is smooth considering the reflector is only slightly wider than the massive SSC-P7.
Light is a little blue, although it looks white on the customer pictures, something like 50k if I had to guess.
The three modes have a single button.
Other:
The way the modes change is turning the light on and off within ~3 sec. There is a pressure switch while the flashlight is on, but you have to click it on to use it. The mode resets to bright after about 2 min. When you turn the light on it is bright, then dim, then strobe. I like it but at first it is takes a little getting the hang of.
Bottomline:
Great flashlight for the price, I carry it everywhere.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections