DX  » Community » Reviews » 5-LED Bike Safety Strobe Light (1 x AAA)
Sort by:
17 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:295 (29%)
  • 4 Star:539 (53%)
  • 3 Star:183 (18%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bike back light with effects

posted by MadeleineCL on 11/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to install, will probably fit on any bike. I have been using it almost everyday for about 2 hours, for a month and the lights are still pretty bright so it looks like it does not use the batteries very fast.
    Cons:
    A bit small and not that bright (depends on wich setting you choose) and you need to switch it on or off manually.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good visibility

posted by Getmann on 04/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Nice cylindrical form, not too many modes. Good visibility both from rear and sides. Batteries last quite long. Can be placed to the seat post both horizontally and vertically.
    Cons:
    Hard to get batteries out. Small screws inside easily break plastic around and get loose if force is applied to fit batteries i...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    quite good tail light

posted by marakas on 10/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - low price, but can be lower)) - quite bright light with different modes - can be water resistant (if you put some grease under cap) - you can install it on the bike in 2 positions - horizontally and vertically.
    Cons:
    - 1 of 3 ordered was dead (dead chip) - clamp didn't fit to thick seatpost - clamp is fragile, it broken after my first fallen ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap price, decent light, decent build quality

posted by th3pr4wn on 12/21/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This light can be mounted vertically or horizontally - vertically looks cool but horizontally gives you two small LEDs facing out to the sides so might be a bit safer. The body slides in to the shell like a cartridge sort of thing and seems to seal well so ...
    Cons:
    Can be a little stiff to slide in and out to change batteries. There is also no reflector around the LEDs to direct the light w...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice bright light

posted by Hawkeye on 11/19/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - bright - easy to switch on/off an change between modes - cheap - rather waterproof, offen used it in rainy conditions, no prolems so far - rather small size, not clumsy like other tail-lights - battery exchange is rather easy
    Cons:
    - OK, the mount could be more stable - light sometimes is a bit difficult to detach from mount - it's not reflective
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Amazing value

posted by mikroos on 11/03/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Bright enough (not as bright as my Cateye TL-LD150 lamp but look at the price!!) to make you safe on the road/street - Visible from sides - those two LEDs make a HUGE difference! I was v. much surprised when I saw this light so well in windows passed by ...
    Cons:
    - Would be better if it remembered its last setting after turning off - without it, if you turn on and use it in flashing mode,...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Design

posted by paulau on 06/23/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This light is a great design, the vertical layout of the light makes it have a low profile against my seat post. It also takes AA's which last longer and are more common than AAA's. The build quality is better than most other rear lights I have bought of D...
    Cons:
    None that I can think of.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good value for price

posted by daveLED on 05/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    very small and low weight. Has 2 submini LED and 3 small LED. $3.19 is a very low price. Looks water tight with silicone gaskets on both ends and silicone transfer pad to internal switch. Some excess plastic to infer with the gasket.
    Cons:
    No reflector. Has white colored board in back of LEDs so it doesn't reflect the light outward. Have Al foil or silver color f...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    will make you scream

posted by snoopster on 05/27/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I was looking for simple tail light - just to be visible on the road, even in daylight. This one gives nice, bright light - three diodes in front, two on each sides. Light is amplified with special bumpy surface. Also, it's detacheable and lock is very firm...
    Cons:
    Build quality will make you scream. Center LED was defective from start. Battery compartments are very narrow - not every AAA b...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cost effective tail light for your bikes

posted by Samsung5 on 03/21/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cost effective tail light for your bikes. Bright light. I bought it to replace my 3-led tail light which was broken. This light is very good since it has 2 extra leds placed on the corners. This way you and your bike are more viable. Saddle mount attachmen...
    Cons:
    NOT solidly built. Opening and closing the light to replace batteries is tricky and there is a rubber O-ring running free.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections