DX  » Community » Reviews » 6-LED Multi-Mode High Power Waterproof Head Lamp Set (3*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Lamp is nice but batteries and charger? – 6-LED Multi-Mode High Power Waterproof Head Lamp Set (3*AA) Reviews

posted by FireFlowerist on 12/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- A bright white main light for long distances - A less bright white secondary lights for reading or close distances - Red lights for temporary use in dark when you don't want loose your dark sight or to warn someone in front or behind you when you're driving a bike. - Charger actually works with 230VAC input
Cons:
- Batteries... They are so light.. Compared to mine good regular rechargeable batteries and they weight at least 3 times more! They most likely have a lot less capacity or they don't have any kind overheating / overload / or at least short circuit protection (inner resistor) - Charger
Other:
I wouldn't leave the charger and batteries to load without constant observation in your house. There might be a great risk of fire if I guessed right about protections.
Bottomline:
Lamp is nice but I would replace batteries, they won't last too long in the wild and the quality is not too promising.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections