DX  » Community » Reviews » ND-100S SiRF-III GPS USB Receiver Dongle for Laptop (Work with Street & Trips)
Sort by:
14 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7110 (71%)
  • 4 Star:213 (21%)
  • 3 Star:71 (7%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great addition to boating navigation

posted by RCJ25 on 04/05/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The supplied software was very easy to install ... but review the manual first! I had a couple of questions about adding GPS to other software...had I read the manual I would have had the answers. Software installs easily, reboot system and GPS was easily a...
    Cons:
    It did take longer to receive than I expected...but at the price was an acceptable wait. Price point was very good.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works and quickly too

posted by nordicnurse on 07/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Price is good, its sold construction and works as its supposed to. What else is there to ask for?
    Cons:
    No real ones. You need to stick this at the of a usb extension cable so it won't be near the computer or it won't aqcuire signal.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a great SiRF GPS USB

posted by MadCowTeaM on 06/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The item is easy to use since a good program for it to use is also included on the CD. The program use Google maps, so it is preety accuate and fast enough when it is connected and redy. The build quality is realy good and looks professional. It has a LED...
    Cons:
    The only con in my case is that it took some time to find the satelites, but for that clouds where probably responsible.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good GPS receiver

posted by ClientSberbanka on 05/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    + Reasonable price. + Compact. + Uses standard NMEA 0183 protocol. + Uses USB-UART PL-2303 chip which is supported by Windows, Linux and (possibly) Android. + Receives GPS signal in a room near the window well.
    Cons:
    - Supplied software is for setup and test only and not intended for serious use - you need a navigation software with maps to u...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    ND-100S

posted by MrVenomm on 06/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    For me the positives are much more from the negatives. It is very simple but, perfectly working device. I can tell very good words like: +Very easy to install +CD includes test software +Accurate positioning +Fast startup +Very good build quality +Work...
    Cons:
    From the day that i had received it i have no cons. The cable is little short, but is not a problem for me.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    ND-100S

posted by MrVenomm on 06/29/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    +Very easy to install +CD includes test software +Accurate positioning +Fast startup +Very good build quality +Works with every software that i tried +Light and compact +Low price +Tracks more that 8 satellites in the same time
    Cons:
    From the day that i had received it i have no cons.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Got hooked and has earned ...

posted by x86dx on 03/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Hard to write reviews about stuff that just works, does what it should and does it well. Without any problems defined satellites and software Garmin Mobile XT (on the car-PC with WinXP32bit) identified the GPS receiver as a mother. Other Software www.pock...
    Cons:
    Noticed a problem: if the stick ND-100S directly into the laptop, then the satellites are caught long and as a result of their ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    ND-100S

posted by lavalausag on 03/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Connected it directly to my Acer Aspire One, it did not receive any signal; with the short extension, it did not work either but when I added the 2 m length of USB extension, it worked ok - it is then susceptible to RF interference , specially since I hav...
    Cons:
    Instruction manual could be better
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Doesn't work on all computers

posted by jkenny23 on 11/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Reasonably accurate Picks up satellites fairly quickly Software worked on XP, Vista 32-bit, 7 64-bit Simple USB-Serial driver, outputs raw NMEA data to serial terminal
    Cons:
    Does NOT work on my netbook, period: Driver installs fine, software opens, shows NMEA data flowing in, but it will NEVER pick u...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good device

posted by SpectralUA on 10/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good device. Build quality and materials is acceptable. Fairly quickly detects satellites. With good visibility of satellites running quickly and clearly. Has a good set of drivers and an update on the manufacturer's website. Software compatibility is...
    Cons:
    Need a very good view of the sky. In a car you need to put into the open. No driver installation and support for Android.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections