DX  » Community » Reviews » T10 3W 100-Lumen 9x5050 SMD LED Car White Light Bulb (2-Pack/DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 2
  • Price: 1
  • Quality: 1
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 2
Low-End LED light bulbs – T10 3W 100-Lumen 9x5050 SMD LED Car White Light Bulb (2-Pack/DC 12V) Reviews

posted by mikkelsson on 11/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-The "bulb" is somewhat T10 based -It has nine SMD LED's
Cons:
-Polarity must be checked before plugging in -Gets hot after a short period of time using -Price/Quality is poor -The "bulb" is twice as long as an original W5W bulb -The bottom piece is loose and you have to make sure if the bulb makes contact -Light output is not that strong for a "100-lumen" bulb
Other:
I measured that one bulb takes 116 mA with 12,28 V, so that makes the bulb a 1,4 W one, NOT 3 W AS PROMISED. Also the light output is exaggerated, I think it puts out about 20-30 lumens. As an LED product, this thing gets REALLY hot, and after 15 seconds of testing the bulb, my thermometer gave a 52 degrees Celsius reading. That tells me these little puppies aren't going to last longer than the original incadescent W5W ones.
Bottomline:
If you want "cool white" -looking parking lights, this could be your deal. HOWEVER if your car has a self-diagnostic system, these bulbs will give you trouble.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections