DX  » Community » Reviews » Stylish 2.5" IDE USB 2.0 HDD Enclosure with Leather Carrying Pouch (Black)
Sort by:
20 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7515 (75%)
  • 4 Star:204 (20%)
  • 3 Star:51 (5%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    VERY GOOD ENCLOSURE FOR OLD DRIVES !!!!

posted by citius on 07/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is the best IDE-enclosure in my point of view! Nice design made of mesh like metal-net. The mesh helps the harddrive to cool down faster because the holea allow hot air from the drive to escape. This funktion keeps the drive cooler and helpas the driv...
    Cons:
    No cons what so ever :-) The harddrive enclosure is sturdy and well build and does what its supposed to do. The only con is t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Ideal for reviving old laptop (PATA) HDD

posted by massdale on 02/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very usefull for creating storage capacity on the go if you still have an old laptop laying around/broken which has a 2,5" PATA HDD in it. The small holes in the metal will ensure your HDD will never get too hot.
    Cons:
    Watch out that you don't lose any of those tiny screws as I nearly did. Although that's not really a con. You just have to not ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The good decision for HDD with socket IDE

posted by SlavikPiligrim on 09/29/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    + Thanks to that it is executed in style of a grid, it is heated less rather than dense cases. + Availability (as socket IDE has become outdated and it is a bit more difficult to find such cases in our shops) + Simplicity in use + Not the big sizes + th...
    Cons:
    - A cover which has come in the complete set it is possible to tell it is not suitable for use. It is very rumpled, sticky, spo...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by selliott1976 on 08/10/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very decent quality materials. I have it for several months and have not had any problems. Includes screwdriver.
    Cons:
    I have not had any problems. The screws are very small and can get lost, be careful to place them. Leather carring pouch is not...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Extremly Handy

posted by Glisern on 08/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    * Allows you to use otherwise unneeded hard drives like I did. 4 year old hard drive from broken laptop and i finally got to see my old files again. *VERY sturdy, the black metal mesh really makes it look good and feel solid. * Hard drive activity LED (ju...
    Cons:
    *Very tiny screws and non-magnetic screwdriver makes the assembly slightly difficult * Two plastic sheets inside enclosure to ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good stuff.

posted by timotheus on 08/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It's a nice compact, breathing enclosure. The HD fits perfectly, I had no real problem installing it. Cable with dual USB for powers works, but I can also use it with a single USB connection.
    Cons:
    It's a little fragile. Mine came a little dented. No real problems though. The screws are tiny, but manageable.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My experience with this

posted by Ramunas911 on 03/30/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good thing at all.
    Cons:
    Quite good build. Looks stylish. There is a protective plastic card: it should be used to protect hardware from any kind of liq...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good!

posted by Alfonsoi on 03/29/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - It works very good. - Easy to fit HDD inside it. - Quality build is very good, - Enclosure has holes in it to best HDD ventilation. - Led turns green when HDD works. - It works perfectly on USB 1.1. - USB cable and is included. - Leather pouch f...
    Cons:
    - Screw driver works bad and screws are difficult to fit. - I had to use my own screw driver to screw on the little screws.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good, and useful

posted by fcgomes on 03/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A very good enclosure. The HD fits very well. The cable that came with it, its working too. The two USBs are very good. Works perfectly. The external power source works very well too.
    Cons:
    It seems a little fragile. The screw that came were a little hard to put on the enclosure, but it worked anyway. Some times it'...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent!

posted by strykerPL on 02/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - good materials, good build quality - enclosure allows the disk to be (passivelly) ventilated all the time - ~23-25Mbit/s transfer rate
    Cons:
    - small, *really* small screws - it's very hard do put them into holes - cable could be longer
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections