DX  » Community » Reviews » Genuine Iphone 3g Replacement Touch Screen + LCD Screen Modules
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great product, just as described! – Genuine Apple iPhone 3G Replacement Touch Screen + LCD Screen Modules Reviews

posted by Nivi99 on 08/01/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I recently bought this kit to replace my multi-touch screen (glass). While openining the iPhone I wasn't paying attention and broke my LCD screen (thank god this kit had an additional LCD). Both The multi-touch glass and the LCD screen, work exactly like the original!
Cons:
Only one main con... you need to stick the multi-touch screen on the plastic frame. In most demonstration videos they use a 3M adhesive tape that comes with the replacement screen. I did not receive the tape, and after realising that normal double-sided tape isn't strong enough, I used epoxy glue (which worked fine, but will be impossible to seperate).
Other:
As I mentioned earlier, I snapped my LCD screen because I followed a youtube video which did a poor job. I recommend the following video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJUXovjtzQ . Make sure you purchase the correct tools, they cost less than $4 on the site.
Bottomline:
Great product, saved me a lot of money

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections