DX  » Community » Reviews » Genuine Iphone 3g Replacement Touch Screen + LCD Screen Modules
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Very useful! But a few cons... – Genuine Apple iPhone 3G Replacement Touch Screen + LCD Screen Modules Reviews

posted by lejige on 07/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Easy to install, it's my first time opening an iphone and youtube was very helpful; - The screen itself looked sturdier than the one I was replacing; - Fits 3G perfectly.
Cons:
- As one poster has stated, the LCD flat cable needed to be positioned a certain way to work. I had to prop it with a piece of tape for it to work ok; - I don't know if it's just me, but I felt that the LCD colors were not as crisp as the original; - There is no adhesive to stick the screen to its plastic frame, so you need to customize your own double-sided tape, which unfortunately is not strong enough and I'm not keen on using permanent glue or epoxy; - The LCD does not come with the metal backing, so you'll need to buy one or pry out your old one. There is one available here in DX but I found out too late and wasn't able to include it in my order.
Other:
I am not really sure if this is a genuine apple replacement part primarily because it was not actually plug and play. It needed a little tweak. But in the end, it worked well to make a broken phone useable again. I'm actually being tempted to re-order just to have one handy just in case.
Bottomline:
Thanks for this DX. I hope this item will not be discontinued for a while still as it is very useful and costs considerably higher if bought from repair shops in my country.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections