Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Easy to install, it's my first time opening an iphone and youtube was very helpful;
- The screen itself looked sturdier than the one I was replacing;
- Fits 3G perfectly.
- As one poster has stated, the LCD flat cable needed to be positioned a certain way to work. I had to prop it with a piece of tape for it to work ok;
- I don't know if it's just me, but I felt that the LCD colors were not as crisp as the original;
- There is no adhesive to stick the screen to its plastic frame, so you need to customize your own double-sided tape, which unfortunately is not strong enough and I'm not keen on using permanent glue or epoxy;
- The LCD does not come with the metal backing, so you'll need to buy one or pry out your old one. There is one available here in DX but I found out too late and wasn't able to include it in my order.
I am not really sure if this is a genuine apple replacement part primarily because it was not actually plug and play. It needed a little tweak. But in the end, it worked well to make a broken phone useable again. I'm actually being tempted to re-order just to have one handy just in case.
Thanks for this DX. I hope this item will not be discontinued for a while still as it is very useful and costs considerably higher if bought from repair shops in my country.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.