DX  » Community » Reviews » 7" TFT LCD 16:9 Touch Screen Monitor for Vehicles Reverse Camera (NTSC/PAL)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
One of the best deal on DealExtreme! – 7" TFT LCD 16:9 Touch Screen Monitor for Vehicles Reverse Camera (NTSC/PAL) Reviews

posted by psyko_chewbacca on 01/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-Good large screen. Pixel ratio is good. I image quality is good! -Very easy to operate, touch buttons are snappy:) -2 input sources -Decent amount of options in the configuration menu -Multiple language -Remote -Can be removed to help prevent car theft. -Reflects enough to use it as your main mirror when not in use.
Cons:
-Power signal in the cable is not shielded from the video signals. Clean your +12V from any garbage with a filter. -Instructions manual not really clear -A little bit of dust can get between the protective plastic glass and the LCD screen itself. Not noticeable when it is on.
Other:
I bought this screen some time ago and since the day I received it I left it in my car. Where I live, it's winter and temps can get as low as -20 Celsius. The screen is working fine even at those temps! I bought this to connect it to my Xbox running XBMC. I listen to movies and play games with it. Image quality is good. Just make sure you install a filter on the power line. At first I got interference in my image because of it. I am really impressed with the quality of this device! I did not think it would survive the cold. As of now it is still working great.
Bottomline:
I bought this screen without the bluetooth option because I don't drive with it. I only install it while I am parked. The bluetooth option seemed not necessary. The remote is also of no use for me. I used it only to set my config menu options. I like this solution for a LCD in a car because I can remove the screen without alot of effort. The only downside is that a little bit of dust managed to get between the plastic screen and the LCD screen. Thanks DealExtreme for this device!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections