DX  » Community » Reviews » SYD-0808 64-LED 480LM Continuous Lighting for Camera and Camcorder (4*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Powerful light, great price – SYD-0808 64-LED 480LM Continuous Lighting for Camera and Camcorder (4*AA) Reviews

posted by mysteriousgod on 02/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Really easy to use. The light's strongest setting is VERY bring, and easily illuminated a dark room. It's very light and pretty compact, so it's easy to take around.
Cons:
The light only has two settings, full power, and partial power. Partial power dims it slightly, but there's no way to make it any dimmer then that without taping diffusion over.
Other:
Bottomline:
I needed a good, simple, portable light for my DSLR's video capabilities, and this gave me exactly that. It provides strong, soft light so I can keep the ISO low and the picture clean. While it doesn't have a slot for gels, I found it was easy to just tape a cutout over when necessary. I also sometiems use this in place of a flash for some photography. If you're going to a dark bar or something with friends, it's easy to just pop this on instead of dealing with carrying an external flash, diffusion, etc. For the price, this was definitely a great deal.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections