DX  » Community » Reviews » Bluetooth-Style Wired Headset with Mic (YH381)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Only Decent Quality, but Does the Job – Bluetooth-Style Wired Headset with Mic (YH381) Reviews

posted by jihmmie on 03/04/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Does the trick, though I wouldn't recommend it for long term use. The mic picks up decently well, good enough for my intended use (makeshift internet calls when I'm at other people's computers), though background noise will also be picked up. It will pretty much record everything that you can hear but just a little quieter--If someone's talking standing beside you talking it will also pick that up. Don't expect to buy professional recording quality, but for this price don't even consider complaining. I have mixed feelings about the ear piece. The sound is, again, standard and not below standard (an "A" in my books). The over-the-ear "hook" arrived already broken, this means you either have to hold it in your ear while using it, which defeats the purpose of it being a hands free set, or you have to hope that the piece will fit in your ear and stay in your ear without the supporting hook.
-----Will send a note to DX to see if they'll send me a replacement "hook" and will update my review if they do.

Build Quality is adequate. The wires are fragile, but won't self destruct or break unless you're not being careful with them--having this said, they are fragile. No problems with the mini plug connectors.

Cable is of adequate length (roughly a metre).

The packaging mentions included earpads and compact case, but none were included. The case would have been nice to have been included, or the ear pads for that matter.
Cons:
Decent but fragile wires. Shouldn't have any problems with it unless you don't take care of your things.

Supporting "hook" piece for over/around the ear piece arrived broken. Will see if DX can replace the broken ear piece and update my review.
Other:
In-line volume control would been pretty handy, but when its only at this price I'm more than content.
Bottomline:
Good price, decent product, adequate quality. Gets the job done, but if you are considering something long-term, unless you're on a tight budget, I suggest something higher grade.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections