DX  » Community » Reviews » Full Replacement Plastic Housing Case with Buttons for Xbox 360 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great Replacement Case – Full Replacement Plastic Housing Case with Buttons for Xbox 360 - Black Reviews

posted by jfred1979 on 07/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I purchased the case. It is Glossy. It is also designed for the HDMI Xbox360 models. My XBOX360 is an earlier model and does not have HDMI. I had to mod the case in order to get my AV pack to plug in. I just took a dremel to it. It does not look that bad and its also in the back so it really is no big deal. I left the Chrome drive cover and eject button. I think it looks better that way. In all i think it is a great case even if it wasnt designed for my 360. I am impressed.
One thing to note. When screwing in the long case screws just get it to the point that it is tight and stop. I cracked a post over tightening it but it didnt kill the case or anything.
Cons:
This case is only for the HDMI models and not for the older non HDMI versions. I had to take a dremel to the case to cut out a larger hole to get my AV pack to plug in.
Other:
Some Tips... My case had some scuffs on it out of the box. I used a dry micro fiber cloth and was able to buff them right out.
The feet have no adhesive on them so I used double stick tape. Regular scotch rolled on itself will work well.
Bottomline:
Bottom line, this is a must if you want to replace your white case with a nice black one to match your other AV equipment. It is a painted case I have not had any issues with chipping. The paint job is excellent.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections