Sort by:
27 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6718 (67%)
  • 4 Star:339 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Product

posted by PabloFGutierrez on 10/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works very well, tested with old IDE drives. No problems with compatibility it worked on windows xp, windows 2003 and windows 7 (64) Recommended.
    Cons:
    There are just no cons. Its a great product for this price. Maybe the quality of the plastics and a better package would be goo...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works perfectly

posted by sanyix on 10/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works, better than i expected. Such devices are at least 5x more expensive elsewhere, and of course only capable of using SATA OR IDE drives for both it's even more expensive. But this is cheap and knows both connectors, and the power adapter is cabable ...
    Cons:
    UK power cord, however you can simply attach other power cords too(EU), the usb adapter case is not the best. I need to plug it...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    no easy way to work out what an IDE drive jumper settings should be

posted by EchiDnaSG on 07/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Value for money Everything required for all drive types in the one box Great to get all the old drive contents off a disc and on a current format
    Cons:
    configuring IDE drives not so simple, takes time and effort playing with jumpers. Slow delivery time to Singapore (over 3 weeks...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Usefull little tool, great for the price

posted by mickey21 on 06/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very useful tool, cheap price, good packaging. Power connectors look very sturdy and durable,as well as the power adapter.
    Cons:
    Maybe quality of plastic on data connector, but that is just being picky. I do wish sometimes that power cord is just a little ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Gets the job done and with a nice price too!

posted by mmyron on 05/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Cheap - Easy to figure out without being a nuclear scientist - Though not stated, works with Linux also (the hardware part, not the included software!)
    Cons:
    - Adapter "looks" flimsy build - It could use more "travel proof" packaging - It came with a non-European p...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great product

posted by koenine on 05/07/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's a great product and it just does the job no problems with compatibility it worked on windows xp, vista and windows 7. I was looking for a product like this one but it was very expensive so i gave this one a try and i think it was worth it. Some of my f...
    Cons:
    There just are no cons. Its a great product for this price.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good product

posted by matito24 on 04/30/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It is the best to connect any disk: sata, ide 3.5" or ide 2.5" hard drives by USB 2.0. The speeds are ok. I use it all the time with an ide 3.5" 120GB hard drive, and works really good. The power supply do his work fine; you shouldn´t us...
    Cons:
    Te cable of the power supply is cheap and the conductors have little section; I recommend to change it for other better or bigg...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Piece of Cake to Use

posted by faieGade on 03/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Pretty awesome product. Plastic body, and works just fine for the price. I was stoked to find out that DX sold these since I can't find any in my city. Easy operation, and doesn't over-heat like everyone else said it does. I've had this Product since Octo...
    Cons:
    Takes a little time to start up, but after that it's smooth sailing. So really Nothing wrong with it :)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does exactly what I needed.

posted by s1ns3nt on 02/16/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very happy with it, it's picked up every drive i've thrown at it so far(IDE and SATA). Transfer speeds are reasonable, not as good as having it in the case, but that's implied by the formfactor. Easy to carry around, compared to an actual external case....
    Cons:
    At worst, maybe the quality of the plastics? I wouldn't want to drop it from too high.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It really works, and really cheap

posted by sanyix on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Cheap, universal, works
    Cons:
    UK power cord(however it's standard, so it can be replaced), usb contact is not the best (sometimes the PC doesn't recognize th...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections