DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz Wireless Night Vision Surveillance Camera with 2.4" LCD Handheld Two-Way Speaker Receiver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Good product, but have some issues – 2.4GHz Wireless Night Vision Surveillance Camera with 2.4" LCD Handheld Two-Way Speaker Receiver Reviews

posted by adskoezlo on 08/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Price (in my city, one can buy similar products for a price min twice more than on DX);
-Overall build quality - not a cheap, crappy plastic used, it's pleasant to take it in hands - feels like a good quality product;
-Good quality of video - it's in color, quite detailed. Of course, picture is more like an average webcam, but for the $89 - it's acceptable.
-Receiver and camera have their own charging cables.
Cons:
-Crappy mic in the camera - it's awful like hell: too much noise and scratchy sounds... The manufacturer must not cut his expenses on such an important thing. So, I don't use microphone often;
-Short user manual on chinglish, but there's only few buttons, so you can understand the device's workings even without reading the manual ;)
-Couple of times, receiver lost the signal from webcam - but found it after turning the power off. Maybe bug or bad antenna?
Other:
Anyway, it's worth its price.
Bottomline:
Nice product for a very reasonable price; with decent build quality.
Crappy microphone is the only reason, why I gave it 3 stars overall.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections