DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-501B MC-E (BIN M) 5-Mode 800-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Comparison review with UltraFire WF-501SSC-P7-CSXO – UltraFire WF-501B MC-E (BIN M) 5-Mode 800-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650) Reviews

posted by Happyguy on 06/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Welcome to my comparison review of this Flashlight against the DX UltraFire WF-501B SSC-P7-CSXO (SKU: 36356) Pros: - Real MC-E - Cheap - Does not overheat quickly - Modes are great (SOS is redundant)
Cons:
Cons: - Real MC-E but driver could provide more Ampere to the Hi-Mode - WF-501 flashlight body is cheap - Tailcap is hard to press - modes are difficult to use for new users
Other:
Please refer to the pictures I have uploaded. Picture Comparison I: Flashlightbody of P7 is shiny and MC-E is beamless Picture Comparison II: Dropins (MC-E Dropin has no label sticker) Picture Comparison III: Emitters (P7 is cloudy, MC-E dies are larger) Picture Comparison IV: Hi-modes of both flashlights. P7 left with 1.04A and MC-E right with 1.87A Picture Comparison V: P7 left with Low and 0.2A and MC-E right with Mid and 0.67A Picture Comparison VI: P7 left with Low and 0.2A and MC-E right with Low and 0.08A All measurements with 2 identical unprotected 18650 with 2200mAh fully charged at 4.2V
Bottomline:
Well I would prefer the MC-E over the P7. The driver could surely give more Ampere to the MC-E emitter in the HI-mode to have the option to generate a super brightness even if this flashlight body could not tolerating that for more than 3 minutes. Greetings - Happyguy

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections