DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-501B MC-E (BIN M) 5-Mode 800-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Some issues – UltraFire WF-501B MC-E (BIN M) 5-Mode 800-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650) Reviews

posted by bredeteanvlad on 08/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Bright but not bright enough, has some damage in the led.
Cons:
With the flashlight I have ordered a Glass Optics for Flashlights (28mm)from ACCESSOIES, as I tried to transform it into throw.
After I installed the lens instead of the stock glass, the led was split into 4 subunits.
The led has 4 subunits (4 leds in fact) it is visible only when you put the lens (Glass Optics for Flashlights (28mm)from ACCESSOIES)and I could see that 1 subunit was damaged (output at 20%) another subunit was only 25% and only the other two subunits where working normally. The subunits I am talking about are shaped just as described in the X2000 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Glass Optics Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight (1*18650).
In fact this flashlight has a 4 x XR-E P4 LED emitter like led.
Other:
Good memory, otherwise the other reviews are correct and they descriebe very well the flashlight.
Mine came damaged and I only could esablish that by purchasing the inexpensive lens and install it in the stock glass's place.
Bottomline:
If you are lucky you can get the all 4 subunits right but you cannot see that unless you purchase and install a flashlight lens from accessories of 28 mm. It fits the flashlight very well and you can see all the 4 subunits.
IF they all work right than it is very bright. Otherwise (my case) you do not

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections