DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-501B MC-E (BIN M) 800-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:364 (36%)
  • 4 Star:455 (45%)
  • 3 Star:182 (18%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome!

posted by Firehawk1 on 04/01/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Sturdy, it has been dropped several times with no real damage except some scrapes, unbelievably bright, friends with streamlights drool. This has 4 LEDs on the inside which create an immense amount of light! The 1" housing fits perfectly in my rifle mo...
    Cons:
    The switch in the rear has come loose several times but only requires a small screwdriver on the inside to re tighten. The 4 LE...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little gun light

posted by EL34xxx on 06/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Small size but bright enough for a gun light. I have this light mounted on my Mossberg shotgun. I also am using SKU 1025 Superfire Gun Mount Pressure Pad and SKU 4772 25mm Gun Rail Mount (2-Pack) with this light. The pressure tail cap fit perfectly on this ...
    Cons:
    Make sure you take the light apart and look everything over. The LED was not centered inside the reflector on mine, but it was ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Disappointed

posted by henioslaw on 10/26/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - cheap - emmiter assigned well with termal glue - no problems with broken wires as emmiter is really well attached - works
    Cons:
    - emmiter bin seems to be different as I have another mc-e bin M and this is a bit greenish - draws ONLY 500-600mA at tailcup (...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great flashlight

posted by witch2729 on 07/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    this is the best flashlight I own! it is super bright, the quality seems to be pretty good, I have owned it for almost a year with no problems, in fact some of my co-workers ordered one and so did my son!
    Cons:
    none, other than getting a little hot.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice flashlight!

posted by MVahlroos on 04/08/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Looks very nice. -Very nice size. -Extremely bright. -Ratio of flood and throw is good. -Uses 18650-cell, so cheap to use as you can recarge cell(s). -Cree MC-E led, which is big +
    Cons:
    -Gets quite hot quite fast. At 7min I had to stop testing, as it was so hot, that I was afraid it will not be able handle the h...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Flashlight for all!

posted by DogmaRU on 01/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Wonderful light! Very bright and compact! Good build quality and cheap price! Indispensable for travelers, bicyclists, motorists and for all people for everyday use! Very nice gift for your friends and loved ones! Sorry for my bad English:)
    Cons:
    There is a small dark spot in the center, but it does not hinder me. Total current consumption of battery about 1,2 A, but it's...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Yet another version of Ultrafires WF501B

posted by toju00 on 11/24/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Super bright and simple to use as there is no choice with one mode! The body is machined smoothly enough and the threads are ok but not superb.Anodisation is Ok as well but not super hard so can scratch off if not too careful
    Cons:
    Can get hot if left on in a stationary position. As with al MC-E emmitters it has the dark spot in the middle where it should b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great flashlight!

posted by raichita on 11/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This light is better than most of lights at home! When somebody turn on this flashlight in the night, suddenly you feel it's in the morning, hehe. The price is ok, the weight is ok too. It looks a little flashlight with just a bit light, but it isn't. It m...
    Cons:
    You have to buy a big batterie to use it, but I don't think it's a really con. Nothing more at the moment.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice flashlight

posted by Kerghan on 08/23/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Decent flashlight, nice for bike. Has great flood. Seems to have proper driver which grants nearly constant brightness during runtime. Rather lightweigh and relatively cheap. One mode - KISS principle.
    Cons:
    -That famous black hole in the center of hot spot - thus it's not really hot. Actually it's because bad reflector as one of rea...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I am satisfied!

posted by SmitOk on 07/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Excellent quality. All joints are close-settled rubstrips. Pleasantly lies in a hand. Power corresponds. Easy in sorting out and assembling. Fine survived a few falling from a height about one and a half meters
    Cons:
    Failing is in that the flashlight does not include a battery in a set. Such type of batteries is unwidespread besides.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections